If Facebook is an important part of your marketing mix, keeping up with the updates and policy changes is essential…but easier said then done. Social Media Examiner offered 6 simple tips to keep up and stay up to date with changes as they occur.
- Follow Facebook’s Business Pages for regular updates. Facebook often posts updates and guideline changes on Facebook for Business, Facebook for Privacy and the Facebook Blog.
- Follow the Facebook Tag on TechCrunch. Technology journals and websites such as TechCrunch and Mashable can make staying up to date easy. To find all Facebook articles on TechCruch you can start here.
- Set a Google Alert for Facebook Updates. Google alerts are a great way to stay informed on any topics important to you and your business. You can find directions for creating Google alerts here. You can set up alerts for “Facebook Privacy,” choose frequency you want to receive alerts, enter your email address and you are done. Anything Google find posted on that subject will be delivered to your email as frequently as you would like.
- Follow New Posts on AllFacebook. AllFacebook is the unofficial Facebook blog posting about all things new on the site.
- Follow Social Media and Tech Experts: People like Mari Smith, Andrea Vahl, and Pete Cashmore are leaders in the social media world and great resources to follow on Twitter and stay updated on Facebook News. Social Media Examiner also publishes articles every Saturday so don’t miss out on their feature, This Week in Social Media.
To be effective as social media marketers it is essential to stay up to date on the social media channels we are using. I hope the above tips make that a bit easier.